FOR THE CAKE:
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest (from approximately 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from approximately 1 lime)
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature (plus extra for greasing the pan)
Sign up for email updates!*
*Kids under 13, please ask a parent for permission
Got kooky stories to share or silly
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with butter.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and the salt and beat, starting on low speed and then increasing to medium-high, until well combined, about 2 minutes more. Slowly add the egg mixture and beat until well combined, about 3 minutes.
4. Reducing the speed on the mixer to low, gradually add the flour to the batter, and beat until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before serving.
Find the recipes from all of my books here!
Marigold's Lime Pound Cake
a cake that contains more than a little zest and zing
This pound cake with a kick of citrus is so tasty, you won't believe how simple it is to whip up!