FOR THE CAKE:
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 15-oz cans sliced peaches
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 3-oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Sign up for email updates!*
*Kids under 13, please ask a parent for permission
Got kooky stories to share or silly
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan with butter, and flour lightly.
2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs lightly with a fork. Set aside.
3. Drain the canned peaches into a sieve or strainer and rinse them lightly. Pat them dry with a paper towel and measure out 2 cups. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, and oil with a wooden spoon until just blended. Slowly add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Carefully fold in the peaches and nuts.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a cake rack to cool completely before frosting.
7. While the cake is cooling, make the frosting: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with a mixer on medium speed, until well combined and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Reducing the mixer to low speed, gradually add the powdered sugar and ginger, and beat until smooth. Apply frosting to the top of the cooled cake.
*recipe adapted from All Cakes Considered by Melissa Gray
Find the recipes from all of my books here!
Miss Mallory's Peach Cake
a cake that's sweet, simple, and hard to dislike
Try out this simple recipe for delicious peach cake, and see if you have a Talent for baking like Cady does in A Tangle of Knots!
Enjoying a slice of cake.